Friday, April 8, 2011

Raindrops are falling on my head

Raindrops are falling on my head...  Well, they were lol  My Dad and I went to BJ's Wholesale Club in Maple Shade to purchase a window air conditioner for one of our bedrooms.  My parents room to be exact.  Our large circa 1892 Victorian home has two central air conditioning units--one to serve the first floor and one to serve the second.  The upstairs unit has a leak in the evaporator coil, preventing any of the necessary freon gas from entering the air handler.  Hence, the need for the window units. 

I received no responses today; however, my Grandmother received an appeal from the Sisters of St. Joseph of Springfield in Holyoke, MA.  She's been deceased for three years in May and still is receiving mail.  Last year, she was summoned for jury duty! 

Currently, I am watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race from Texas Motor Speedway in Forth Worth. 

Since there's not too much to speak of in today's post, I am closing with this Prayer Before a Crucifix courtesy of http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/:

BEHOLD, O good and sweetest Jesus,
I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight,
and with the most fervent desire of my soul
I pray and beseech Thee
to impress upon my heart
lively sentiments of faith,
hope and charity,
with true repentance for my sins
and a most firm desire of amendment:
whilst with deep affection and grief of soul
I consider within myself
and mentally contemplate Thy five most precious Wounds,
having before mine eyes that which David, the prophet,
long ago spoke in Thine own person concerning Thee,
my Jesus: “They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones.”

No comments:

Post a Comment