Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First State here I come!

As my parents and I prepare to leave tomorrow for Delaware and Maryland's Eastern Shore (coterminus to the Diocese of Wilmington), I just wanted to make a quick post providing two updates on Papal appointments, the first yesterday and the latter today.

*Fr. Charles C. Thompson, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Louisville, KY and Pastor of Holy Trinity Parish in Louisville, KY, as Bishop of Evansville, IN.  Father Thompson replaces Bishop Gerald Gettelfinger who retired.

*Bishop Felipe Estevez, Auxiliary Bishop of Miami, FL, as Bishop of Saint Augustine, FL.  Bishop Estevez replaces Bishop Victor Galeone who retired.

Okay, I must jet now and finish packing and make sure all other necessary items are in order.  Please pray for good weather.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment