Monday, April 11, 2011

Now returning to your reguarly scheduled program...

The title, while good for some, is not good for others.  We always want less of the shows we do not like and, naturally, more of the ones we do like. 

Again, this title may seem cryptic, and I that's kind of my intention.  Titles are "on the front lines" to grab the reader's attention.

My last update was Friday, and although I told a friend I'd update on Saturday, I did not.  Here's what happened over the past two days.

*Went to 4:30 PM Mass with Father Bernard Espiritu, SVD as celebrant.  I have come to like him more and more.  The unfortunate part about this particular Mass was my Mom noticed that someone did not consume Our Lord; she just walked away and pocketed Him.  Please pray for her!

*Saturday evening I watched the Sprint Cup Series race from Texas.

*Yesterday, I DVRed the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix from Kuala Lumpur and the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama from Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, AL.  Both races were good.  Versus' coverage of the IndyCar race from Barber was great as always. 

*Today was a day where God's blessings were evident, but this must take some background explanation first.  There's an Amish market in the neighboring town Medford, to the south.  Last time I was there about two weeks ago, I took notice of a pretzel company's box situated in the corner of the store.  I wrote them a letter detailing how admirable their Mennonite faith in Jesus Christ is, and today, UPS stopped at my house with a box that said "Martin's Pretzel Bakery--Akron, PA   17501."  I opened it up, of course, and wrapped in newspaper courtesy of the Intelligencer Journal from Lancaster, PA was 6 bags of pretzels!  In the package was a index card that said, paraphrasing "Thanks for the letter--here's something for you!  "God bless, the Martins.

*Recent repsonses to letters include:  Fr. Justin Hoye, Pastor of St. Mary Parish in Nevada, MO; Msgr. Michael A. Andreano, Master of Ceremonies for Pontifical Liturgies of the Archdiocese of Newark, NJ; Fr. Ross Tozzi, Pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Nome, AK; Turkey Hill Dairy in Conestoga, PA; In-N-Out Burger (a Christian fast food restaurant) based from Irvine, CA; Fr. James Greenfield, OSFS, Provincial of the Wilmington-Philadelphia Province of the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales; Fr. Melvin T. Long, retired priest of the Diocese of Salina, KS and former Rector of the American College in Louvain, Belgium, and lastly, Father Russell Roide, SJ, Pastor of the Newman Center of the University of Hawaii in Honolulu.

I know in television "teasers" are used--well I plan to do a "teaser" on a reflection on redemptive suffering in light of Pope John Paul II and his impending beatification on May 1st.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment