Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday of Holy Week

I know I am not keeping true to what I stated in the post from yesterday, however, I thought I'd do it as a way just keep my reader(s) informed as during the first week of Easter, I won't have as much time. 

Here are today's replies:  Bishop David Arias, OAR, Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus of Newark, NJ; Fr. Thomas E. Raines, priest of the Pro-Diocese of the Holy Family*; Sr. Mary Teresa, SSM, on behalf of the Sisters of the Society of St. Margaret in Walsingham, England; Sr. Margaret Butler, Pastoral Administrator of Holy Rosary Parish in Tok, AK; Rebecca Mack, Customer Service at Tom Sturgis Pretzels, Inc in Reading, PA; and Fr. Daniel R. Leeuw, retired priest of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, IN. 

Father Leeuw, since 1990, has been offering the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite.  The asterik after Father Raines, denotes the fact that the "pro-diocese" is the forerunner to the US Anglican Ordinariate.

There was one Papal appointment this morning, or as termed by the Vatican Information Service, "Other Pontifical Acts."  The appointment is:  Father Jose Arturo Cepeda, Rector of Assumption Seminary in San Antonio, TX, as Auxiliary Bishop of Detroit, MI.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment