Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little on content, big on meaning

The Three Musketeers have two slogans--"all for one and one for all" and "big on chocolate, not on fat."  I am sure you can guess which one belongs to the group and which one belongs to the candy bar. lol

At 4:34 PM tomorrow, I'll be turning 24 years old.  Not too many years ago, 24 seemed old--now it seems like just another number--just another 365 day passage of time.  Remember this world is the blink of an eye, transistory as Saint Paul tells us.  We all try to leave a lasting legacy--this legacy can take many forms, tangible or intangible.  The legacy that I would like to leave of my 23rd year was one of tribute, memories, and new growth.  In 2010, I returned home (in a personal way), visited a hallowed ground, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and watched Our Lord call home a faithful servant, my paternal grandmother. 

I'll write more of a reflection on the year that was my twenty third after I turn twenty four (probably Sunday afternoon or evening).

Anyway, here are the usual updates.

*Pope Benedict XVI has appointed Bishop Joseph Jude Tyson, Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle, WA, as Bishop of Yakima, WA.  He is replacing Bishop Carlos Arthur Sevilla, SJ, who retired. 

Recent responses:  Fr. Vincent Lampert, Pastor of Ss. Francis and Clare Parish, Greenwood, IN, and Exorcist of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, IN; Carmelite Nuns of Terre Haute, IN; Norbertine Sisters of the Bethlehem Priory of St. Joseph in Tehachapi, CA; Msgr. George Brubaker, Pastor of St. John the Apostle Parish in Milford, DE and Judicial Vicar of the Diocese of Wilmington, DE; Fr. Joseph Tuscan, OFM Cap, Parochial Vicar of St. Joseph Parish in York, PA; and Father Steven P. Hurley, Chancellor of the Diocese of Wilmington, DE.

Side note here--the Norbertine Sisters are the first American foundation of the canonesses.

Talk to ya'll on Sunday.  Pray for me as I always do for you.

God bless and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment